WELCOME TO MONETT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Healthy For Life Letter to Parents/Guardians from Food Service Director, Helen Wink:
July 20, 2016
Dear Monett R-1 Parent:
Welcome to a new school year! Healthy for Life™ is our commitment to create healthier environments and communities, by providing not only healthy foods but comprehensive nutrition and wellness education. The Monett Food Service staff is looking forward to serving your children nutritious, great-tasting menus that support their achievements in school and promote healthy lifestyles.
We offer a variety of meal choices with one goal in mind: ( Keep reading:)
E Registration Available July 1, 2016:
Parents: E-registration will be available for you to complete in PowerSchool on Friday, July 1st.
Just log into Powerschool (https://monett.powerschool.
For parents of returning students, this should be a quick process as all you will need to do is verify the current information and make any changes that are necessary. On the permissions page, there is a new item for photo permission. Be sure to click "yes" or "no" before moving on. If you miss it, you will get an error message and be directed back to the photo permissions area. Be sure to click "submit" at the end of each page whether you made changes or not. This will update all information in PowerSchool.
MIS Open House
OPEN HOUSE: Thursday, August 11, 2016 from 5pm-6pm
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Follow us on Twitter:@MonettIntermed1
Grade Levels: 5th and 6th
Principal: Cherie Austin firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor: Marla Cantwell email@example.com
Administrative Asst: Susan Norris firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Day: 7:40 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
711 9th St.
Monett, MO 65708
MIS Mission and Vision
Mission: The mission of Monett Intermediate School is to do what is best for kids.
Monett Intermediate School, a learning community, is a partnership consisting of staff, parents, students, and community with a vision of:
· Citizenship: Everyone promotes responsibility, productivity, integrity, and respect.
· Environment: The atmosphere exhibits an encouraging, positive, and motivating feel that provides a safe physical and emotional environment.
· Thinkers: Students and staff are challenged to utilize critical thinking skills to become self-motivated, independent future leaders who go beyond surface knowledge.
· Community: The school community works collaboratively with parents, students, and staff to create a culture of success.
· Learners: MIS students and staff have high expectations of themselves and others that produce lifelong learners with a passion for success.