WELCOME TO MONETT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Walk to School Day
At Monett Intermediate, Walk to School Day is Wednesday, October 8th!!
Students/Volunteers who are participating are to meet at Cox Monett at 7:00 a.m. -
September 11 MIS Recognition
With our flag at half-mast to honor those who lost their lives during the terrorist attack on September 11 and to honor those who sacrificed so much to help rescue and help following this event, MIS students and staff were encouraged to wear red/white/blue. Numerous students and staff participated in this patriotic event. In addition, Ms. Cantwell, MIS counselor, sang "America, the Beautiful" over our intercom to help us start our day thinking about what a wonderful country the United States of America has been and can continue to be in the future.
5th Grade August Cubs-of-the-Month
Left to Right: Madison Turner, JJ Cavazos, John Cabrera, Jace Williams, Victoria Soriano, Layla House, Presley Wormington
6th Grade August Cubs-of-the-Month
Left to Right: Angel Salas, Angel Salas-Serrano, Joel Genel, Ben DeLeon, Adrian Cure, Hattie Mae DuPee, Mary Jane Martinez, Melanie Cruz
Thank you to those parents and friends who used their Target Redcard at Target this past year. Target donated 1% of your purchases to MIS. We received a check for $77.99. Thank you! This money will be used to help pay for student incentives.
Thank you for donating your Box Tops for Education. We received a check for $393.00! Keep up the great work!
MIS is a Happy Place!
MIS Mission and Vision
Mission: The mission of Monett Intermediate School is to do what is best for kids.
Monett Intermediate School, a learning community, is a partnership consisting of staff, parents, students, and community with a vision of:
· Citizenship: Everyone promotes responsibility, productivity, integrity, and respect.
· Environment: The atmosphere exhibits an encouraging, positive, and motivating feel that provides a safe physical and emotional environment.
· Thinkers: Students and staff are challenged to utilize critical thinking skills to become self-motivated, independent future leaders who go beyond surface knowledge.
· Community: The school community works collaboratively with parents, students, and staff to create a culture of success.
· Learners: MIS students and staff have high expectations of themselves and others that produce lifelong learners with a passion for success.