Early Dismissal Schedule for Thursday, October 23, 2014
11:45 a.m. - Monett Intermediate School
11:50 a.m. - Central Park Elementary School
12:00 p.m. - Monett Elementary School
12:15 p.m. - Monett Middle School
12:15 p.m. - Monett High School
12:15 p.m. - Scott Regional Technology Center
WELCOME TO MONETT INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
5th Graders Present at Monett School Board Meeting
5th graders: Mollie Beeson, Leslie Maciel, and Emily Pfitzner shared information about how setting personal learning goals helps them to grow academically. They also showed how they display their performance data and how their class sets class learning goals.
Students Present at Monett School Board Meeting
6th graders: Tanner Wright, Hailen Gudgell, Shelby Coursey, Luis Rueda, Doss Nation, Lara Denney, Jamerson Flores presented information about proficiency scales and setting personal learning goals.
On Wednesday, MIS students practiced how to evacuate a bus safely. Students also reviewed the bus expectations and how they help keep students safe.
Our annual fall book fair will be held from October 20-23. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the book fair. If you are interested in helping, please contact Peg Bryan.
Book fair hours will be:
Monday, Oct. 20 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 21 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesay, October 22 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 23 7:30 a.m. -8:15 p.m.
No After-School Activities (Oct.20-23)
We will not have any after-school activities the week of Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences! This includes: Cubpella, Later Gators, Detention, etc.
Honor Assemblies at MIS
MIS will no longer have quarter honor assembles. We will, however, have semester honor assemblies. Students who have earned a "3" on each ELA, Math, and Science summative assessment for the semester will receive "high honors". Students who have earned a "3" on each summative assessment in two content areas (math, ELA, or science) will receive honors. Students who receive these honors will have demonstrated proficiency on all summative assessments at grade level. Our first semester honor assembly will be Friday, January 9, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. in our lower gym.
Thank you for donating your Box Tops for Education. We received a check for $393.00! Keep up the great work!
MIS is a Happy Place!
MIS Mission and Vision
Mission: The mission of Monett Intermediate School is to do what is best for kids.
Monett Intermediate School, a learning community, is a partnership consisting of staff, parents, students, and community with a vision of:
· Citizenship: Everyone promotes responsibility, productivity, integrity, and respect.
· Environment: The atmosphere exhibits an encouraging, positive, and motivating feel that provides a safe physical and emotional environment.
· Thinkers: Students and staff are challenged to utilize critical thinking skills to become self-motivated, independent future leaders who go beyond surface knowledge.
· Community: The school community works collaboratively with parents, students, and staff to create a culture of success.
· Learners: MIS students and staff have high expectations of themselves and others that produce lifelong learners with a passion for success.